Sunday, January 11, 2015

1st Post! Finally!

Hi, and welcome to JP Elder's Middle School Art Blog.  I'm Mrs. Theodore, this is my first year teaching at a middle school level.  I taught art for 6 years at South Hills Elementary School.  I did my student teaching at North Side High and at JP Elder in 2007 with Mitzi Balios.  I was very familiar with this school and have very fond memories of being here.  I am so excited to be back and look forward to working with the students and hopefully inspiring them to keep art a constant in their lives.

It's been a hectic beginning and can't believe the 2nd semester is already around the corner.  On this blog I hope to share some of the work the students have created, as well as post art history related sites and maybe some fun interactive websites.   We shall see how it goes.

I want to begin by sharing the winners of the Imagination Celebration Logo Contest.  The students were told to create a design with the theme "Connecting Arts and Minds" as you can see, the students worked very hard.  We also swept up the awards, winning 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

Please enjoy the work!

















Omar S. 3rd Place

Leslie A. 2nd Place

Yuliana P. 1st Place


No comments:

Post a Comment